It’s been one scorching summer this year.
I started a new job this April and getting to our temporary office spaces require me to commute for 1.5 hours in the morning. I got sick the first week on the job due to debilitating weather conditions at the moment.
I arrive sweaty, sunburned and with an aching head after walking, taking a jeep, hopping onto a bus, then walking again under the heat of the sun. My UV umbrellas offer no reprieve from the strong sun rays.
I rely on certain things to help ward off heat-induced discomfort:
– fresh melon juice from Food Channel
– fresh buko (coconut) juice from Buko Joe
– ice cold water from co.lab’s electric water dispenser
– a splash of cold water on my face upon arrival at the office
– a wipe down of baby-wipes
on my arms and legs
– cold air-conditioning the whole day, phew! Thank you, fake air!
How about you, how are you coping with the sweltering heat of 2014 PH Summer?